Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Starts in two Weeks!!

I always dread the start of school. I have always enjoyed having my girls around and I miss them terribly when they go back to school. Because I'm self-employed and don't usually do a lot of concerts in September, I'm home a lot working on the business side of things. Sometimes it gets kind of lonely.

Plus, my summers are always jam packed with traveling, concerts, meeting new friends and lots of excitement. When it all comes to a crashing halt in September I can't help but feel down.

The first day that Louisa, my younger girl, began first grade, I taught our dog how to shake hands. Now Louisa is about to begin tenth grade, and my little doggie Buffy is still my main companion during the week.

Anyhow, I guess I'm just writing because I'm feeling my usual end-of-summer melancholy, and I wonder if anyone else feels this way. It's true what the old folks say, the years go by faster and faster with each passing one.........

No comments: