Sunday, September 27, 2009

If You're a Grown-up Who Likes My Music....

....then you will probably love the music of Mike Viola. Even if you don't know his name, you have heard his voice and songwriting talents in the movie "That Thing You Do" for which he wrote the title song and provided the voice. He has written music for other movies, too, including "Walk Hard, " which stunk as a movie but had good music.
I saw Mike in concert last night in Cambridge and he was so great and it was so much fun! It was the first time I've walked into a bar alone since 1985 and I was feeling a little awkward but it was well worth it because he was just so fantastic. He was so down-to-earth and every single song was incredible. He talked about how he was influenced by the pop music of the 70s and right then I knew we were soul-mates because that's my main influence too.
Check out Mike and his music at : www.mikeviola.com

He also recently produced, wrote songs for and sings on Mandy Moore's newest album. There's one song, "Merrimack River," which is the most gorgeous thing I've ever heard. http://www.last.fm/music/Mandy+Moore/_/Merrimack+River

That's Mandy & Mike doing it live. You'll love it!

No comments: