Monday, May 26, 2008

Indy Rides Again!

Hi...I hope you had a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend. Philip and I honored our fathers with a trip up to the Veteran's Cementary in Maine to clean up their burial sites and say a few words. It was very hard but I'm glad we did it. I can hardly believe it's been ten years since my father passed away. I was very close to him and I would say he's probably the biggest reason why I have always loved to sing. He used to sing to me when I was very young, and as I got older I'd accompany him to church and he'd whisper "Sing louder, Judy!" into my ear during the hymns. Now that's when I feel closest to him...when I'm singing hymns in church.

Anyhow, we did do some fun stuff this weekend, and, to me, the best was going to see the new Indiana Jones movie. I had high hopes for it, being a fan (mostly of the original which is still the best) and I was not disappointed! I was DELIGHTED with the return of actress Karen Allen, who has given up acting full time to knit sweaters in the Berkshires. She was terrific as Indy's old flame Marion, who hasn't been seen since the first movie. Harrison Ford was great as the aging lead character, and we all loved Shia LeBeouf too. If you are an Indy fan I'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.
Let me know what you think when you see it!
Judy

No comments: