Sunday, June 15, 2008

New Mexico....I miss you already!!

THANK YOU to all my wonderful friends and fans in New Mexico, where I just spent five days filled with fun, sun and music. I visit every year in June because the land is beautiful, the people are the friendliest in the country, and I can't say enough about how enthusiatic and affectionate the children are. A special thanks goes out to the librarians in Truth or Consequences, Deming, Tucumcari and Socorro, who went out of their way to make me feel at home.
I strongly suggest that you plan a visit to New Mexico with your family sometime before your kids grow up. It truly is the land of enchantment, from the wide open prarie and the mountains, to Carlsbad Caverns, to the UFO Museum in Roswell and everywhere in between, there is something for everyone. This year I had the enormous pleasure of visiting Tinkertown, USA, where I believe I found a kindred spirit in Ross Ward, the man who carved over a thousand miniatures in Tinkertown. Many of his "philosophies of life" are displayed on plaques and signs throughout the museum, and my favorite is "You don't stop playing because you grow up, you grow up because you stop playing."
My philosophy exactly!
For more about Tinkertown, click here: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/915

No comments: