I've decided to do some research to help me make decisions about my future career, and I hope you will help. Thanks to the support of many Christmas decorating enthusiasts, "The House on Christmas Street" has become somewhat popular in a sort of "underground" way, playing at houses all over the world. I've received a lot of email from folks who love the song and some who have said that it really tells their story (thank you!!) but I really don't have any kind of numbers about who has used it, who is planning to use it, or who has even heard it, so I'm going to post this survey here and also on Planet Christmas and some other websites. The results of this research will help me decide whether or not to venture into producing a House on Christmas Street children's book, t-shirts and sweatshirts, bumper stickers, etc.
Please take a few minutes to help me out by answering these questions:
1. Have you heard the song "The House on Christmas Street?"
2. If you answered "yes" to #1, where did you hear it?
3. Have you used the song, or are you planning on using the song, in your own home lighting project?
4. Would you personally be interested in purchasing t-shirts, sweatshirts, or any other kind of licensed item connected with the song?
5. If the answer to #4 is "yes", then what kind of items would you be interested in?
6. Would you be interested in promotional items such as bumper stickers or buttons to hand out to your visitors that say something like "I've Been to The House on Christmas Street?"
The next question is for those of you who raise money for charity through your home lighting display:
7. Would you be interested in offering "House on Christmas Street" items to your visitors in return for a contribution to the charity of your choice?
8. any comments about the song or these potential plans?
You may send your answers to this survey to me personally at email@example.com or you may post them here as a comment. As a small token of my appreciation, I will send an mp3 of the song to everyone who sends a request to me firstname.lastname@example.org
.Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for helping me with this project.