Friday, July 17, 2009

Texas Hospitality

I had a wonderful day in Texas today!!
I spent the night just outside of Amarillo and drove into Dallas this morning. This is my second time coming to Dallas, and I still won't make it to Southfork Ranch. One of these days!
I was invited by the Christmas Lights Community folks to perform at the Park Forest Community Pool where they were having their meeting this evening. I had a nice little crowd of (mostly) girls who were reluctant at first (most were over the age of nine, and you know how that is!) but by the end they were going just as koo-koo as I was! It was really a lot of fun. The folks have invited me back to perform there again next year, and along with my invitation to go back to Roswell for the UFO festival next summer, looks like I have the beginnings of a 2010 tour already.
As a matter of fact, I've noticed that, outside of my home neighborhood of New England, most of my website "hits" come from Texas. It seems there are a lot of Christmas decorating enthusiasts out here who really like "The House on Christmas Street." So next summer I'm going to plan to have more performances here in the Lone Star State, and hopefully get to meet some of these nice people in person.
So, maybe next summer I'll get to see JR at Southfork after all this time!
By the way,....here's a big shout out to all my Drive-In fans...I'll be back NEXT weekend!!

No comments: