Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TEXAS-SIZED HELP NEEDED ASAP!

Howdy all you Lone Star Staters...
You guys have been so terrific to me in helping "The House on Christmas Street" become known. I just discoverd that the state with the fourth highest number of visits to my website is : TEXAS!!! I love you guys! And now...I have a Texas-sized favor to ask you.I have managed to interest a station in Irving called 94.9 KLTY. They are the NUMBER ONE Christian radio station in the country serving the DALLAS market.

I first submitted "The House on Christmas Street" to them in 2007 and they turned it down because it wasn't a "Christian" song per se. I do disagree with that, by the way.....it includes secular imagery but I did not shy away from including Jesus and His Family in the description because I am also a Christian and HE is the centerpiece of my own small display.Anyway, I've also noticed that a lot of Christian music stations are playing more secular Christmas music this year in an effort to draw more listeners ...KLTY, in fact, is playing "White Christmas" by Bing, among others.

I just now received an email from the program director asking to hear an mp3 of the song. So I need back-up! Would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call and email the station asking to hear it? I told him my song has lots of fans in Texas but I really want him to have proof!The website page for contacting the station is here: http://www.klty.com/contact_us.php

If you use the song in your display or if you have heard it and just like it please contact them and request it. If they added it to their playlist it would be a HUGE HUGE HUGE step toward making the song a hit.If you can do this I would be so grateful I'll come to Texas next December and do concerts at your houses all over the state. I PROMISE!Please let me know if you can help by adding a comment here. And God BLESS you!!!

No comments: