Saturday, May 8, 2010

Help for Haiti Still

Hello again,
I was viewing footage of the flooding in Nashville this morning and it broke my heart a little bit. My husband and I were married in Nashville and spent the first year of our life together there. Although that was many years ago, it is still sad to see so many Nashville landmarks, such as the Grand Old Opry stage and the Opryland Hotel, damaged so badly. I understand that President Obama has declared the state an official disaster area, and many agencies are rushing to help. I am proud to say that the MusiCares arm of the National Association of Recording Arts & Sciences (the Grammy folks) has set up a relief fund and has organized fundraisers already. If you are interested in learning more, please click here.

In the meantime, the suffering goes on in Haiti as well. If you've been reading this blog, then you know that last month I participated in a benefit concert for Haiti on Long Island, and to date our little concert has raised $8,400 for Doctors without Borders. I would love to see that figure go up to ten grand! If you can help (no donation too small), please send a check or money order payable to "Doctors Without Borders" and send attn: Patricia Shih, Help for Haiti, PO Box 1554, Huntington, NY 11743 NO LATER than May 31.

Thank you very much!!

No comments: