Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Musical Notes

I'm just doing some paperwork here in my office and listening to random music on my iPod, and I'm actually here to admit that I really still like listening to some of the 90s boy bands. I'm listening to The Backstreet Boys right now, and they had some great love songs with terrific harmonies...like "I'll Never Break Your Heart" and "As Long as You Love Me." So even if the romance you had while listening to those songs ended in crashing horrible disaster and he (or she) did end up breaking your heart after all, the music is still good.
I got to know all of this music because my daughter Emma was just coming into her own musical tastes during that period, so she had all the boy band music and the Spice Girls, too. I remember that my husband took her to the movies to see the Spice Girls movie, and when they came home the first thing he said to me was, "What's not to like?" HA HA!!
I also really still enjoy listening to 98 Degrees.. that was Nick Lachey's band. He's become better known as the ex-husband of Jessica Simpson, but his little band with Drew made a really great CD that even featured a guest turn from Stevie Wonder and I confess I listen to that one a lot.
But the BEST band from the 90's is, without a doubt, HANSON!!! They're all grown up now and they are still rocking and I am delighted to say that Emma and I have been to see them eight times. If all you know them for is "Mmmm Bop" then you ought to look them up and listen to the music they're making now. I bet you'll like it!

No comments: